Food Rules

I picked up this little book called "Food Rules" by Michael Pollan. Actually I have tons and tons of eating guide style books and workout books. I read everything I can about everything out there by everyone imaginable.

You may have noticed that there are a lot of conflicting books and ways of thinking.
AND there are a lot that are very similar. I have been following the clean eating books as much as I dare. I love what they teach.
I HATE - (did I say hate?) YES I DID - I HATE counting calories!

the scientific method of weight loss of counting calories in and calories out - never works for people like me. we screw up the math first of all. and secondly - we hate having to be so exact and researching the places we can find the exact amount of calories that were in that home made chicken fajita on a whole wheat tortilla. I do NOT want to spend 30 minutes trying to figure out how many calories it was.
I want a few basic guidelines and I want it to work.

So here's this little book that literally took me about 30 minutes (or less) to read. it's simple!

I HIGHLY recommend finding a copy and finding one rule a week to master.

Rule #1 - is EAT FOOD

Mr. Pollan goes into a little more detail about what food is
I am challenging you to take rule number one this week and find out what food is.

So, Question of the day:
What defines Food? Please tell me in the comment section.

By the way, everyone who answers the questions we post here, gets entered into the monthly drawings for a free stuff!
So ... feel free to share and tell me - how do you define food?

Comments

  1. Food to me is grown and is from nature not something processed and manufactured. Raw fruits and vegetables are the best food available.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment